How To Cure Insomnia
Insomnia, or trouble falling asleep is a common sleeping disorder in which the mind has trouble "letting go" of thoughts. Sleep cannot, and will not happen when the mind is occupied with a grocery lists of chores, responsibilites, and acomplishments that need to be fulfilled for the next day. Many people make it a ritual to process over "important" subjects right before they intend to fall asleep. Your body can't be in thinking mode and sleeping mode at the same time. If you desire sleep, you need to place yourself in sleep mode. So how do you cure insomnia?
Things You Can Do To Cure Insomnia:
- Change your bedtime rituals.
If ideally you would like to be asleep by 10PM then start winding down around 8 O'clock. Dim the lights, turn off the television, and don't eat for the remainder of the night.
- Keep a Journal. Write down anything that's on your mind NOW so that you don't do it when you're falling asleep.
- Read a book. Reading a book before bedtime can induce the sleep state. If you do this every night, you will become conditioned so that everytime you pick up a book your body knows that "sleepy-time" will soon ensue.
- Many over-the-counter herbal supplements exist that help the body achieve a sound night's sleep.
- Acupuncture treatments have been shown to greatly improve sleeping disorders. In fact, many people fall asleep immediately during the treatment! Acupuncture's effectiveness for helping with sleep disorders lies in it's ability to calm the sympathetic nervous system, or fight-or-flight response. This in turn promotes the parasympathetic nervous system to induce a state of blissful sleep.
People wanting to know how to cure insomnia need to understand it's a very delicated issue, and one that deserves all of your attention(just don't give it attention when you're trying to fall asleep!). Insomnia is something that you can fix and you can start right now, today.
You deserve a good night's sleep. So what are you waiting for?