Subscribe to blog
Eastern Medicine, Health, And Wellness
A health blog dedicated to staying healthy, eating well and living up to your potential.
Blog posts tagged in Weight Loss
Turmeric And Weight Loss
Turmeric is an attractive bright orange colored spice that can be found in an Indian marketplace or kitchen where delightful curries and other veggie dishes are prepared. Actually, turmeric is an essential part of spices that you see labeled as Curry Powder. Turmeric is derived from the root of...
Weight Loss Help With Acupuncture Treatments
When we commence a new exercise or diet plan, it’s often stressful to get enough energy to see it through. Acupuncture will you be able to assist with weight loss by increasing your energy levels, therefore making it a lot simpler to exercise.Acupuncture also helps to further improve metabolism and boost circulation. The application of acupuncture needles aids to mobilize the body’s energy reserves, which leads to...
Introducing The Diet For Weight Loss Challenge
What is it?
The traditional weight-loss challenge is a long-term goal oriented challenge designed to capture the essence of traditional eating habits being practiced in a modern setting. Eating the way we should be eating is the mantra. Eating wholesome, non-processed foods offer us many long-term health benefits:
- Increased energy
- Better sleep
- Increased metaoblism(for weight-loss)
- Better Moods
- Stabilizing our blood glucose levels
- Increased Libido
- Sharper cognitive abilities
- Cancer fighting
What is so unique about this diet?
This isn't just a diet for weight loss. The core foods and concepts are a mixture of traditional chinese food therapy and modern scientific evidence which proves we should be eating specific foods tailored to our own genetic composition. Many foods avaliable on the market today offer us little nutritonal benefit and are devoid of essential vitamins & minerals our bodies need to function properly.
What types of foods should I bet eating?
A wide assortment of:
- cooked vegetables
- Nuts- almonds, pecans, walnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia
- berries- strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, rasberries etc.
- Fish- opt for wild caught fish opposed to farm raised.
- Small ammounts of red meat and chicken are acceptable(once or twice a week ideally).
Stay away from:
- All grains that containing gluten including: breads, pasta, and noodles made from wheat products. Pasta's made from rice flour are okay.
- Dairy products of all sorts. This means no milk(buy almond instead), yogurt, cheese etc.
- Try to stay away from excess sugar. No soda's, popsicles, cakes etc.
Why no gluten?
Gluten, which is a "sticky" wheat protein found in white flour, pasta's, and noodles. In recent years gluten has been under attack by the scientific community because of it's involvement in celiac disease. When people with celiac disease eat foods or use products that contain gluten, their immune system attacks itself and it inhibits their body from absorbing vital nutrients. This unfortunate chain of events eventually causes malnourishment no matter how much food one consumes.
There are more than 250 symptoms of gluten-intolerance, which is to say, people that consume gluten might manifest symptoms such as:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder
Why no dairy?
About 75 percent of the world's population is genetically unable to properly digest milk and other dairy products -- a problem called lactose intolerance.
- Dairy is full of saturated fat and has been linked to heart disease in numerous studies.
- There's no evidence that dairy is good for your bones or prevents osteoporosis -- in fact, the animal protein it contains may help cause bone loss!
- Dairy can contribute to allergies, sinus problems, ear infections, and type I diabetes.
How do I get started?
It's easy to get started. Start with the Good Morning Congee for breakfast, as this is the easiest place to start as most people eat it at home, then eventually start introducing some of the other Diet Blog recipes into your diet.
All you need is a little bit of commitment and confidence that you can stick with your new endeavour. In fact sticking with the challenge guarantee's results. You WILL lose weight and You WILL feel better.
Make sure you check back often and be sure to share your experience in the comments section.
Best of luck!
Also see: Acupuncture For Weight Loss
Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Delicious, healthy, and quick are some of the things that come to mind when I think about this awesome vegetarian chili. It can be prepared as a traditonal stove-top chili or in a slow cooker...
Keeping The Weight Off
When you start losing weight, you know you've earned it! A manicure, a massage, even a snickers bar -- live it up. For every goal you meet, you deserve a reward. Weight loss is not easy.